Wolf Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The hard lives of Marcus and Victoria

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The hard lives of Marcus and Victoria Empty The hard lives of Marcus and Victoria

Post by PurpleKitty Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:01 am

Markus wandered the city streets aimlessly. He had already fed and now found himself rather bored. The night was young and he could think of nothing interesting to do with the time. He wore a dark blue wool jacket and blue jeans, along with heavy brown boots. On his head was a winter cap, the night was cold but he barely felt it. The clothing was only to hide his odd translucent skin and to blend in  better. Humans got cold easily and needed extra clothing to stay warm, he would have been just as comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt.

Just for entertainment he listened closely to the conversations of those around him. With his vampire hearing, he could easily listen in on people inside their homes several blocks away. He listened to husbands and wives discuss marital issues, and old men lecture their grandchildren, nothing all that interesting. Then he picked up on a sound that did catch his interest. It sounded like a girl quietly whimpering somewhere nearby. Her listened closely and realized it was coming from a dimly lit ally just ahead of him.

He hurried to the ally and looked around the corner. His heart broke when he found a young girl curled up and shivering in a cardboard box. She was small and sickly looking, To his dismay he could smell disease inside her body. He approached her slowly, using his ability to help her feel safe in his presence.

"Young lady..." He said with compassion in his voice. "Oh dear you need help. My name is Marcus..."
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

The hard lives of Marcus and Victoria Empty Re: The hard lives of Marcus and Victoria

Post by Marcey Abadeer Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 am

She looked to him and said in a oft voice, "I'm...Victoria..." she coughed and whimpered. There was a dirty, torn up blanket which she snuggled into. She coughed again and whimpered, trying to get warm. "S-So...cold..." she tried to sit up, then whimpered in pain and laid back down.
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

https://wolfden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The hard lives of Marcus and Victoria Empty Re: The hard lives of Marcus and Victoria

Post by PurpleKitty Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:21 am

Marcus nearly bursts into tearsat the sight of this pathetic creature. He knelt down and pressed a warm hand to her forehead. She was burning up with fever.

"You need a warm bed and medical attention. I can offer both. Please let me take care of you dear Victoria?" He reached out and gently lifted her. Her body was so thin and frail that again he had to fight the urge to weep for her. He held her close to his warm chest, allowing her to share his warmth.

"I will take care of you poor girl." He said as he made his way to his own apartment. He stuck to the allies as much as possible and soon made his was into the apartment via the fire escape. His apartment was a small but luxurious place. It had only a living room, one bedroom, a kitchen, and a bathroom which he had never used. He laid her down on his bed which was large and soft, with Egyptian cotton sheets and several large pillows.

"I am going out for a bit to get you some medicine, please make yourself at home. You are my guest, and you are welcome to anything I have here."
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:26 am

"Thank you..." she said softly and coughed. She tried to sit up but could barely move much so she aid back down and closed her eyes. "Doctors say...I have until...Halloween..." she was already short of breath. Victoria soon fell asleep, her breathing shallow and her heartbeats slowed. She was clearly struggling to live.
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:49 am

Marcus moved quickly through the night. He made his way to a small clinic a few blocks away and easily got inside. He had spent nearly two decades as a doctor between the 1960s and 1980s so he knew what to look for. He quickly retrieved some antibiotics, IV bags and supplies to keep her hydrated, pain killers, and fever reducers like aspirin. Once he had what he needed he stared back toward his apartment, then he remembered that he had no food at his home, humans needed to eat. He made a quick stop at a 24 hour gas station and purchased a bag full of assorted snacks, it would have to do for now.

When he returned he found the girl sleeping. He took a moment to watch her. Despite her sickly appearance he could see that she was quite beautiful. He tenderly brushed her hair away from her face and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. Then he set to work setting up and IV and prepared a syringe full of antibiotics, he only hoped she did not wake up when he gave her the shot...
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:52 am

She started coughing in her sleep, then whimpered and started waking up. She shivered and whimpered again, then looked to him with a terrified look.
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:32 am

He administered the shot and IV as gently as possible. When she woke up looking fearful he smiled kindly at her. "No need to be afraid dear, I only wish to help you." He used his ability to help her feel a sense of safety and security with him. He spoke softly to her as he worked. "Your name is Victoria, and as I have said mine is Marcus. Now that we have been introduced, perhaps you will tell me a little more about yourself? I would share more details of my life but I am afraid it is a very long story and we may need to wait until you have regained some of your strength. I believe a warm bed and some medication should at least make you a bit more comfortable for the time being. Unfortunately it is only a temporary fix. There may be a solution to your problem but that is a discussion for another time. But listen to me, asking about you and then rambling on and on. Please dear, tell me a bit about yourself?"
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:37 am

She relaxed a bit and said in a soft voice, "I turned sixteen today...M-My parents hit me and...call me names...I have no...siblings..." then she coughed a bit and shivered slightly. "I was diagnosed...with diphtheria...The doctors say I have until Halloween...I want to be a photographer or something..." she relaxed more. "What...about you?"
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:46 am

"You may rest easy dear. There will be no hitting or name calling here. Quite the opposite actually, I will see to it that you are treated as you have deserved all along." He finished with the IV and pulled up a chair near the bed. He intentionally left the lights dim so she would have a hard time seeing how strange he looked.

"As for myself, I too have no siblings, or family of any kind for that matter. I did, long ago but not anymore. I am quite a bit older than I look. And fortunately for you, I have a serious soft spot for damsels in distress." He chuckled softly at his own joke. "That is enough about me for now. You should get some rest. It is nearly dawn and I am a bit of a night-owl so I believe I will go sleep the day away. I can make a bed on the floor if you would prefer not to be left alone?"
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:49 am

She relaxed and said in a soft voice, "I-I can...kind of see...the future" she told him, then coughed.
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:07 am

Marcus looked at the girl wide eyed, then shrugged. He assumed she was a bit delirious from the fever. "Alright dear, just lay down and rest for now. We will talk more after the sun go's down." He helped her lay back then covered her up with soft sheets. Then he put a pillow on the floor and laid down on his back. He did not sleep, he never did, but he closed his eyes and let his imagination run wild for several hours while he waited for daylight to pass. He opened his eyes when he sensed that night had come again.

He sat up and looked at the girl sleeping in his bed. He sat there beside the bed and watched her sleep. He looked forward to speaking to her again.
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:54 am

She soon woke up and coughed. "H-Hi..." she said softly and coughed a little.
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:42 pm

"Hello dear one." Marcus smiled at the girl. "Are you hungry? I am afraid I was only able to purchase a few snacks from a nearby gas station..."
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:48 pm

She nodded softly, then tried to sit up. She began to cough and whimpered softly.
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:19 am

Marcus helped Victoria sit up then retrieved the bag full of snacks that he had purchased the night before. He checked her IV and got her a glass of water.

"Is there anything else I can do to make you more comfortable dear?"

Just then the bedroom door creaked open. "You found breakfast Marcus! How delightful." A woman's voice said. Marcus looked up and saw his long time friend Renee standing in the door, licking her lips as she stared at Victoria. "She looks a little sickly, but I suppose she will do."

Marcus hissed and bared his teeth at Renee. "She is not here for eating! She is my guest and you would do well to remember that Renee!" Renee held up her hands in mock surrender.

"Oh my apologies Marcus! I did not realize she was your new pet. In that case allow me to introduce myself." She stepped up beside the bed and took Victoria's hand. Marcus tensed up and started to reach out, but Renee only smiled down at Victoria. "I am Renee Clearwater. It is a pleasure to meet you young lady."
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:27 am

"Your vampires...I knew it" she quickly pulled away. "My grandparents died from vampire...My grandma could see the future too...and on October 30th Marcus will make me one to save me..." Her eyes were white as she said it, then went back to blue. She was gasping and grimaced in pain, "Renne can't drink my blood because if she tastes O negative it hurts her in some way...but Marcus is different"
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:52 am

Renee and Marcus stared at each other wide-eyed for a moment. Marcus recovered first and used his ability to help Victoria relax. Renee took a step back and stared at the floor, lost in thought.

"No one is going to drink your blood dear." Marcus said softly. "And I would not turn you unless I had no other choice. Renee certainly will not be drinking your blood if it is type O negative, and I would never hurt an innocent like you."

Renee looked up suddenly. "Type O negative does not hurt me!" She said sounding offended. "It just... does not agree with me. It makes me ill." She looked back at Victoria. "So it is true you have nothing to fear from me. I would not betray Marcus' trust by hurting his plaything anyways."

"As for your grandparents..." Marcus said as he gently ran his fingers through Victoria's beautiful hair. "All vampires are different. Humans kill other humans and you certainly do not blame every human on earth for that do you? I would not have killed your grandparents and I certainly will not kill you. Rest easy dear one."
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 am

"You don't have to use your powers...I saw you coming" she said softly. "On October the 30th you'll make me a vampire or I'll die at sixteen...in two weeks I'll be delirious and coughing up blood"
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:03 am

"It is not good for you to be so excited in your condition. I use my ability to help you remain calm." Marcus stood back and observed Victoria for a moment. He was trying to decide if she was truly seeing the future... or if she was simply delirious with fever. He had seen many strange thing in his long life. There were many monsters out there other than vampires, some that humans had never even imagined. Still he had never come across a human with any kind of supernatural abilities. It would be very interesting to see what kind of vampire she would become. She would probably be quite powerful. He would have to be careful though, her ability would make other vampires desire her for their own.

"Victoria..." He knelt down by her and placed a hand gently on her cheek. "I need to ask you a favor. I need you to not speak of this ability any more. At least do not speak of it in anything above a whisper and only to myself or Renee. You can trust us but their are others that would do you harm for a talent such as yours. Can you promise me this?"
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 am

She nodded softly, "They'll find out anyways...I can already almost catch rocks flying at me..." she said softly. "Neither of you hunt tonight, there are hunters around" she quickly added, "Renee should stay the night"
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 am

Marcus had lived over two centuries without the help of a psychic, but at the same time he was not conceited or above accepting advice. Renee on the other hand did not enjoy being controlled.

"I will go where I please!" She said defiantly. Marcus looked at her with pleading eyes. Renee stared back with rebellion in her eyes for a moment then finally sighed. "Alright I will stay one night." She looked down at Victoria for a moment. "You are an interesting creature... and adorable. I suppose simply killing you would have been a terrible waste anyways. I hope Marcus does turn you, I believe I will enjoy having you as a friend."
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 am

"A vampire is listening outside..." she said softly, tears filled her eyes. "The same one that killed my grandparents..I thought I killed him when I was seven"
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 am

Marcus focused his hearing on the streets outside. He picked up the sound of someone shuffling around nearby. He sighed and nodded to Renee. With her gifts she was much more useful in combat than he was. She nodded back and vanished from the room. Marcus turned back to Victoria.

"Killing a vampire is more difficult than you may think. Renee will scout ahead and see what his intentions are. Most likely he is here for you. Many vampire are obsessive about feeding on certain bloodlines. It may be that he tasted your grandparents blood and now craves yours badly enough to continue tracking you for all these years. Either way we will protect you."

After a few minutes Renee returned. She shook her head and stepped close to Marcus. "It is Khayman." Marcus hung his head and sighed.

"Then we could not even begin to fight him." He looked back to Victoria. "The vampire that killed your grandparents is one of the oldest and most powerful vampires on earth. He has abilities that we can not even imagine. He has lived for at least four thousand years, possibly longer. We can only hope that he does not choose to attack tonight because trust me, we would be mere sport to him. It would be as easy as swatting flies."

Marcus sat next to Victoria and gently stroked her hair. Then he spoke to Renee, "If we are still alive when he leaves, we must take Victoria and flee this city."
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcey Abadeer Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:34 am

She sighed, "Back then it was a blur..." she thought then said, "Easy...a month after I am a vampire I kill him but a war will begin and will last for a while..." she looked to them. "My powers only work through decisions"
Marcey Abadeer
Marcey Abadeer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKitty Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:30 am

Marcus nodded. He could not imagine a month old newborn killing Khayman, but he had seen stranger things. Either way he wanted to let the matter rest. If Khayman decided he wanted Victoria tonight, there was nothing any of them could do to stop him, though Marcus would certainly try.

"Let the matter alone for now. Victoria you need to rest and regain your strength. At any rate Khayman can certainly hear every word we are saying right now and we don't need to feed him any more information than necessary." He looked down at Victoria. He felt a deep empathy for the small sickly girl. He had only known her a day and he already care for her more than anything else on earth. He loved her, he knew that now. He was more than willing to die for her. In fact, he knew right then that if Khayman or anything else did kill her, Marcus intended to die as well.

Renee stood watch at the window. She knew she could not fight Khayman off, but she intended to give her friends a chance to escape if she could. She rarely cared for anyone other than herself, but Marcus was her best friend and Victoria was quickly making her own little place in Renee's heart. She sighed, it was going to be a long night...
PurpleKitty
PurpleKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next